Day to remember

| Posted in , | Posted on

Reactions: 

0




Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.

- Martin Luther King, Jr -


Many find friendship unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value;
But forget not rather that it is one of those things that give value to survival. Without it, what value do we have in life?

- CS Lewis -

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.

- Thomas Edison -

Tonight marks my most memorable day as a vocal teacher. I was given an opportunity and privilege to be with 65 students, to spend time with them and to come up with something to share with them. I spent the entire week night after night dwelling on what I should share and what can i impart and inspire. I decided to choose Friendship.

Friendship is simple; yet made complex by the varieties of personalities of human.
It is of no tangible value; yet without it, we become of no value.

I also decided to show a video clip of JJ's concert in taipei. It was a really touching concert where he shared about his struggles as an artiste. Spent some time editing the 2 hour long video to a simple 19 min clip. Also shared with JJ that I am going to show it to the students.

I feel that music represents love, joy, honesty, emotions, reflections, liberty, freedom, relationships, dreams, ideas, hopes. But what about those chosen to represent and to express it? What started as a pure and simple dream and ambition should not be distorted into something scheming, unfriendly and hostile. Bitterness is nothing but destruction to oneself and to others.

As I prepare my sharing, my mind just got reminded of all the relationships I have bridged; and burned; in my walk of music. Classmates, teachers, friends who have changed from well-intent persons into self-seeking machines, forsaking the need for love deep down and thus destroying the love and friendship to and from people around them.

At the same time, I am also reminded of those who have given many shoulders to stand upon,and wings to soar. One of which is Nicole. Her love for her students, her life given and poured out to others.

I believe in a generation of singers who will change the music industry by their values in love.
I believe in a generation of singers who will rise above their own desires.
I believe in a generation of singers who will represent music with the right prespective.
I believe in a generation of singers who will change the way of the industry.
I believe in a generation of singers who will leave a legacy of love, hope and trust.
I believe in a generation of singers that will change the world.

I believe in you, my students, to be that generation. This is my dream for my life.